A well-designed landscape can add a lot of value to your home and the enjoyment of your yard. One of the most important steps to achieving this is the planning process. Developing a design is a complex process, but spending some time now can save you time, money and energy. With many years of horticulture study and landscape experience, York’s landscape designers are well qualified in all aspects. They will come out to assess the potential of your outdoor space and create a unique, distinctive design tailored to your needs or wants.
Using an experienced landscaper can help in the following ways:
- Understands the importance of grading for proper drainage and other issues encountered when developing the land or building structures
- Knows how to integrate boulders, patios, walks, structures and garden accents into the design
- Takes into consideration the proper plant selection for the right locations and proper spacing of plant material
- Designs for 4 seasons of interest
- Knows how to design using colour, form, textures and contrasts
- Plans for different bloom times throughout the seasons
- Improves upon the functionality of your space and provides solutions for problem areas
- Takes the confusion out of all these details, so that you can spend your time relaxing and entertaining with family and friends
A beautifully designed landscape will greatly improve your curb appeal. This is helpful in getting you the best price, if at some point, you are in the market to sell your home.
It’s a good idea before speaking to a landscape designer to gather the information to convey your ideas, needs or wants to them. Once you have done this, the designer should have a good idea of what you are looking for and can start planning. Good communication can save time and avoid problems.